- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once in a lifetime experience, at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2000 meters within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With newfound friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners (D) and 1 Dinner with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Iceland Hotels: In Iceland, Insight Vacations stays at the best available properties. Hotels are typical of the region and much simpler in style with clean rooms and private facilities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Top Rated Highlights. Visit Hellisheiði Power Station • Geysir • Vatnajökull National Park • Snæfellsjökull National Park.See Gullfoss waterfall • Skalholt's historic church • Vatnajökull Glacier in Skaftafell • Lake Jökulsárlón • lake-side Egilsstaðir • Dettifoss waterfall • craters, boiling mud pots and geothermal hot springs at Lake Mývatn • the capital of norther Iceland, Akureyi • Snæfellsjökull National Park • black lava fields and yellow beach of Búðir • sea-cliff and rock formations of Arnarstapi • Parliamentary Plains in Thingvellir • Blue Lagoon • Reykjavík's Old Harbour, National Museum, and Höfði House. Witness spectacular scenery, like no where else in the world, as you travel along the South and East coasts, through the Scenic mountain pass of Almannaskard and the Mödrudal Desert, past Hvammstang, along the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and into the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Höfn: Your Travel Director takes you on a short orientation through this seaside village.
- Gullfoss: The spectacular two-tiered waterfall, the Icelandic equivalent of Niagara falls, drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Skalholt: See the historic church.
- Skaftafell: Visit the amazing alpine setting of the National Park and experience the might of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier.
- Lake Jökulsárlón: See the setting for the James Bond film ‘Die Another Day’.
- Egilsstaðir: Visit this lakeside town.
- Dettifoss: Visit the most powerful waterfall in Europe and see the Godafoss, known as The Waterfall of the Gods.
- Lake Mývatn: Traverse spectacular landscapes of craters, boiling mud pots and geothermal hot springs shooting jets of hot water and steam into the air, at this renowned bird-watching site.
- Akureyi: Your Travel Director will provide an orientation of the capital of northern Iceland, established in 1602.
- Snæfellsjökull National Park: Enjoy a fascinating exploration of this magnificent park, home to lava formations, waterfalls and the most famous volcano in Iceland.
- Búðir: Admire the sandy hill, black lava fields and the yellow beach.
- Arnarstapi: Walk the sea-cliff and admire the rock formations.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site in the country, as the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament that was founded in A.D. 930.
- Reykjavík: Explore the capital during your orientation. See the Old Harbour, the National Museum, the Domkirk church and Höfði House. Pass Althingishusid, Reykjavik's House of Parliament, and continue to the Hallgrímskirkja Church which can be seen from almost anywhere in the city.
- Scenic Drives: Witness spectacular scenery, like no where else in the world, as you travel along the South and East coasts, through the Scenic mountain pass of Almannaskard and the Mödrudal Desert, past Hvammstang, along the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and into the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.