Additional Included Highlights
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull: See these magnificent volcanoes.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Reykholt: Stop at this pretty village, home of poet and medieval scholar Snorri Sturluson.
- Friðheimar: Explore a family-run farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes.
- Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground, served with butter.
- Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 3 Dinners (D) and 1 Dinner with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over New Year’s Eve and will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Borganes: Learn about Iceland’s history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre with your Local Expert.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Iceland Hotels: Insight handpicks hotels to consistently provide the best central and scenic locations. Hotels in Iceland are generally traditional and much simpler in style, typical of the region, with clean rooms and private facilities.
- Vík: Located in the quaint village of Vík, the Icelandair Hotel offers elegantly fitted guest rooms, decorated with Icelandic design and inspired by the natural environment.
Top Rated Highlights
- Reykjavík: Witness nature's most spectacular show on earth - the Northern Lights.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Gullfoss: See the spectacular two-tiered waterfall. This Icelandic equivalent of Niagara Falls drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site of the country, as its the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament founded in A.D. 930.
- Reykjavík: Explore the city with your Local Expert. See the old town centre, the parliament building, Höfði House, the colourful harbour and the Hallgrímskirkja.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once-in-a-lifetime experience at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2,000 metres within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With new-found friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.